- Posts: 30
- Liked: never
- Joined: May 22, 2009 2:46 pm
I recently blogged about some troubleshooting steps and tips that maybe usefull if you experience backup performance issues. Would love to have any feedback or further ideas.
http://virtualisedreality.wordpress.com ... rformance/
- SVP, Product Management
- Posts: 27723
- Liked: 4719 times
- Joined: Jan 01, 2006 1:01 am
- Location: Baar, Switzerland
I can answer Veeam-specific right now, but I will need more time to review and think on the main article:
1. Makes sense only for Veeam "Network" backup mode.
2. You should note that this is not applicable to ESXi though. Besides, the default "Automatic" mode will actually always attempt to use SSH on "fat" ESX host if it configured (previous bullet).
3. Yes, for "Network" backup mode running parallel backups will reduce speed for specific job, but overall speed will be better if you run 2-3 jobs in parallel. For VCB SAN mode though, backup storage disk speed is often a bottleneck, so unless parallel jobs write to different disks, there's little sense to run many jobs in parallel.
4. I don't understand this.