Comprehensive data protection for all workloads
SeRo
Service Provider
Liked: never

Unable to get console path for volume- Restore from SAN Snap

Post by SeRo »

Hello everyone,

today I was troubleshooting a restore from san snapshot (NetApp). There were 4 hosts and I wanted to do a restore from san snapshot. I started the restore and chose esx1. It showed up an error "Unable to get console path for volume". When I chose any other esx host it works fine.

I checked the export policies for the netapp system, added the nfs datastore manually, pinged the host from veeam server and the veeam server from host system, restarted the host, restarted DNS services, checked nfs-ports and checked nfs-shares on the host if there is an old entry. Everything is fine.

Then I exported the log-files and the only thing I can figure out is following (name and ip addresses are changed)
<46> Info [VimApi] CreateNasDatastore, dsref: "datastoreSystem-898", localName: "Veeam_SVM", remote host(s): "192.168.1.1", path: "/Veeam_SVM_Restore/", type: ""

<46> Error <PlatformConfigFaultFault xmlns="urn:vim25" xsi:type="PlatformConfigFault" xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instan ... key><value xsi:type="xsd:string">Unable to get console path for volume, Veeam_SVM</value></arg><message>Operation failed, diagnostics report: Unable to get console path for volume, Veeam_SVM</message></faultMessage><text></text></PlatformConfigFaultFault>

<46> Error Failed to add NFS datastore for path '/Veeam_SVM_Restore/' on IP '192.168.1.1'.
Any ideas?
veremin
Product Manager
Liked: 2258 times
Full Name: Vladimir Eremin

Re: Unable to get console path for volume- Restore from SAN

Post by veremin »

I'm wondering what's the support ticket number for this issue. Thanks.