Comprehensive data protection for all workloads
mcz
Veeam Legend
Liked: 180 times
Full Name: Michael

unclear licensing situation since 1,5 weeks

Post by mcz »

Dear veeam-PM,

I'm a little bit unsatisfied regarding case # 04600620. We hat 2x10 instances last year (for one year) and we only renewed 1x10 instances for this year (because we used less then 10 instances). Got the licenses and installed them and boom - only had 7 instances and a multiplicator of 1. Had talks with the seller and he said that there was something wrong, so I created this case. There I got told that this could not be the case and if I'd like a renewal, etc... I also got told that it's due to a license merge but I unmerged one year ago - and it was always clear in the CP that there was no merge.

At a certain point there was the suspicion that it might be a technical issue, so I re-downloaded all licenses (6 sockets + 1x 10 instances), removed the old ones in the enterprise manager and uploaded the new ones. Now we have the 6 sockets again (so far so good), but we suddenly have 16 instances. I asked the support:
Is it possible that we get 6 instances „for free“ due to the fact that community editions contain a small amount of free instances?
But I only got
Please be informed that this ticket will be sent to the Technical team in order to help you with the installation
Cmon! I've got the feeling that the guy on the other side thinks that I'm not able to install a license properly and that's why we get the wrong numbers. Can you on this forums please tell me what we can expect in terms of instance numbers and if 16 is the right number or not? As I said, before that we had 20 instances but we only ordered 10 for 2021.

In any case, I tell you there's a bug in the logic, because if you upload a new or existing license, veeam shouldn't show you the wrong numbers. If you like I could also upload screenshots later.

In general I'm quite patient with cases, but today we've got the 1st of february which means that our license has only 11 months left and we still don't have a good answer what the exact situation is or what it should be.

Thanks!
mcz
Veeam Legend
Liked: 180 times
Full Name: Michael

Re: unclear licensing situation since 1,5 weeks

Post by mcz »

ok, now it wen't the well known 'veeam-way'. Got a call from the tec-team and they told me that those 6 additional instances are the free ones from the socket license. It would have been good if the licensing-team knew that! So we created another ticket for checking what happened after the first installation, when we only had 7 instances.