Comprehensive data protection for all workloads
omfk
Expert
Liked: 9 times
Full Name: Frank Knappe

Update to V11 on 2008R2 SP1

Post by omfk »

Hello,

I'm struggling to update our v10 to v11 on our old VBR server which is still running 2008R2 SP1. The new server is already in place but I want to have both servers running in parallel until I'll switch of the old one.

Clicking setup.exe on the iso results in the error (translate from German) Veeam Backup & Replication Setup autorun isn't working anymore. A problem has prevented the correct execution of this program. Close the program.
rufus states an error: This image isn't bootable or uses an non-supported start or compression method.
ISO to USB reports an error at the end and the setup.exe is missing on the stick

Any ideas how to get make the update happen?

BR
Frank
HannesK
Product Manager
Liked: 2890 times
Full Name: Hannes Kasparick

Re: Update to V11 on 2008R2 SP1

Post by HannesK »

Hello,
to me it sounds like the ISO is corrupted. The image is not bootable, that's correct. I'm not sure why a USB stick is involved at all. I recommend running the setup from disk. Modern Windows can just mount the ISO with double-click. If 2008R2 cannot do that, then extracting the ISO with 7zip or similar should work.

https://www.veeam.com/download-version.html provides MD5 and SHA1 hashes.

If my guesses are wrong, then please check with support and provide a support case ID for this issue, as requested when you click New Topic.
Without case number, the topic will eventually be
deleted by moderators

Best regards,
Hannes
omfk
Expert
Liked: 9 times
Full Name: Frank Knappe

Post by omfk » 1 person likes this post

Hello Hannes,

thanks for the hint with extracting with 7zip.
W2008 was already able to mount the iso with double-click. Starting setup.exe from the extracted iso worked and also the following update worked flawlessly.

Thanks
Frank
Gostev
Chief Product Officer
Liked: 6725 times

Post by Gostev » 1 person likes this post

Thanks for coming back to share the solution. Just wanted to add for your planning purposes that V12 will not support installation on Server 2008 at all.