Comprehensive data protection for all workloads
ctg49
Enthusiast
Liked: 45 times
Full Name: Chris Garlington

V12 Question regarding index upgrade

Post by ctg49 »

Before I fired up a case, I wanted to post this question here to see if what I'm experiencing is unusual. Just upgraded to v12, first backup to run after the fact fired up a backup chain index upgrade job as part of the backup process. That's been running for almost 12 days at this point and I'm a bit concerned something is gummed up. Has anyone else experienced this? Should I try canceling it to see if it kicks itself in the head?

Thanks!
Mildur
Product Manager
Liked: 2524 times
Full Name: Fabian K.

Re: V12 Question regarding index upgrade

Post by Mildur »

Is this about Capacity Tier Index? 12 days sounds wrong to me.
Please open a case with our customer support and let our support check the state of the upgrade job.

Thanks,
Fabian
Product Management Analyst @ Veeam Software
Gostev
Chief Product Officer
Liked: 7097 times

Post by Gostev »

From what I remember, in our testing it was taking like 30-60 seconds per machine, so nothing extraordinary... support should check the debug logs to see where the whole process is currently at.
ctg49
Enthusiast
Liked: 45 times
Full Name: Chris Garlington

Post by ctg49 »

Mildur wrote: Feb 27, 2023 2:35 pm Is this about Capacity Tier Index? 12 days sounds wrong to me.
Please open a case with our customer support and let our support check the state of the upgrade job.

Thanks,
Fabian
We are offloading to a capacity tier (wasabi) so I'm presuming so. I'll throw a support case together.