Comprehensive data protection for all workloads
dmtinklenb
Influencer
Liked: 1 time

v12 Storage Growth

Post by dmtinklenb »

Has anyone else out there seen a significant increase in storage usage since the upgrade to v12?

Our AWS costs have gone up over $2000 per month since the upgrade and it appears the Veeam is not cleaning up older data in the AWS bucket.

Also, our Oracle RMAN backup copy jobs to our DR site are suddenly filling up the extents in the SOBR at our DR site. This started happening immediately after the upgrade to 12.1.
I opened Case #07057961 to address this issue, but it appears that even though I have the placement policy set to performance on the SOBR, the backup copy jobs are only using 2 of the 5 extents in the SOBR and not spreading the data across all the extents like it did before the upgrade.
Mildur
Product Manager
Liked: 2296 times
Full Name: Fabian K.

Re: v12 Storage Growth

Post by Mildur »

Hi Dmtinklenb

Is this question about Object Storage usage or local disks in a SOBR?
You mentioned a AWS bucket issue and SOBR Tiering policy. If you are asking about two different issues, I recommend to always create dedicated topics.
Our AWS costs have gone up over $2000 per month since the upgrade and it appears the Veeam is not cleaning up older data in the AWS bucket.
Please check this out with our customer support team in a case. Our support team should be able to confirm if it's obsolete objects or if there are objects which are still immutable (+ 0-10 days of block generation API) but not yet deleted.
Also, our Oracle RMAN backup copy jobs to our DR site are suddenly filling up the extents in the SOBR at our DR site. This started happening immediately after the upgrade to 12.1. I opened Case #07057961 to address this issue, but it appears that even though I have the placement policy set to performance on the SOBR, the backup copy jobs are only using 2 of the 5 extents in the SOBR and not spreading the data across all the extents like it did before the upgrade.
I checked my internal documentation and there was nothing new for the placement policy compared to v12.0.
And the tiering policy for plugin backups is still the same: https://helpcenter.veeam.com/docs/backu ... positories
I suggest to keep working with our customer support team if you think something is wrong.

Best,
Fabian
Product Management Analyst @ Veeam Software