Comprehensive data protection for all workloads
SFAllowed
Novice
Liked: never
Full Name: Robert McClafferty

Veeam 12 - SQL Plugin - Repository Question

Post by SFAllowed »

Hello,

New to V12a, not to Veeam, trial running the SQL Plugin. Right off the bat, attempting to point it to another repository fails, I can only see the first volume. These are Windows local drives, the docs said not to choose a repository that had encryption enabled, and I'm pretty sure everything else is correct. I am using a non-built in administrator account, made specifically for this service. Is that the issue? More UAC issues?

I'll be honest...v11 was way more consistent and much quicker. The GUI in 12 times out all the time and overall throughput using the same method as before is about 33% slower. It's new though, probably just some first run problems. More tweaking required!
PetrM
Veeam Software
Liked: 528 times
Full Name: Petr Makarov

Re: Veeam 12 - SQL Plugin - Repository Question

Post by PetrM »

Hi Robert,

1. SQL plug-in. Please check this page with the requirements for the repository including access and encryption settings. If all the requirements are met but the issue persists, please open a support case.

2. GUI and data processing performance. In general, we constantly improve performance in every new version and I recommend contacting our support engineers to find out what makes our product slower in your environment.

Please share support case IDs over here for our reference.

Thanks!