Comprehensive data protection for all workloads
swizzle
Novice
Liked: never
Full Name: Peter Mott

Veeam 6.x job duration value

Post by swizzle »

Any chance the duration value on each job can exclude the time spent waiting for resources?

I think that would be a more accurate representation of the job run time.
Gostev
Chief Product Officer
Liked: 6648 times

Re: Veeam 6.x job duration value

Post by Gostev »

By definition, duration is total time between start and end, so this won't change. I think you really are asking about is different counter ("job run time"). How would you use this counter?
swizzle
Novice
Liked: never
Full Name: Peter Mott

Post by swizzle »

Hi Gostev

I want to know how long the backup took and the effective rate in MB/s. The job queue time skews this statistic wildly. I schedule all jobs to start at the commencement of backup window and the availability of backup proxy resources (currently limited to 2 concurrent jobs) means that some backups may wait hours before actually starting.

I could go back to using scripts as I did with VBR 5.x and chain the jobs together so I never actually started a job unless sure there were resources to process it.
Gostev
Chief Product Officer
Liked: 6648 times

Post by Gostev »

Peter, hmm I assumed that "Processing rate" counter on the job does not to take into account the time it took waiting for resources. If it does, then this is a bug that need to be fixed. As far as job run time, I will see where this coutner can fit in. Thanks for the feedback!
tfloor
Veteran
Liked: 15 times
Full Name: Tristan Floor

Start time / duration not representative

Post by tfloor »

[merged]

Hello,

I'm new to veeam and i have scheduled 4 jobs, with a proxy that can handle 1 job at a time. (so no multiple jobs are running together).
I've scheduled the jobs after each other so for example:

Backup VM linux: monday - vriday: at 22:00
Backup VM Windows 2003: monday - vriday: at 22:30
Backup VM Windows 2008: monday - vriday: at 23:00

So at 22:00 the first job is beginnen and at 22:30 the second jobs tried to start but is waiting for the first job to finish.
And so on....

When the jobs are finish i can look at the realtime statistics / reports where the "start time" is 22:30, but it is started to processing at for example 02:00.
So the Processing rate and the Duration is not valid/ representative for me too see how long the job need to process the vm's.
I have to check the start time of the first vm and the last one, to see the duration.

Is it possible to make seperate times for "start time" and "scheduled time" Thos are different things!

Please let me know if i miss something or spotted some nice things 8)

Kind regards,

Tristan.
tfloor
Veteran
Liked: 15 times
Full Name: Tristan Floor

Post by tfloor »

thanks for merging my post into this one.