- Posts: 4
- Liked: never
- Joined: May 03, 2010 8:19 pm
I am tasked with evaluating Veeam for some clients and need to find facts on backing up and restoring MS Exchange. I need to find information on how it's backed up and how it's restored with details on single email restores, point in time, rententions etc.
At the momeent I have been unable to find white papers on this.
Can anyone help please?
- SVP, Product Management
- Posts: 27881
- Liked: 4811 times
- Joined: Jan 01, 2006 1:01 am
- Location: Baar, Switzerland
For restores, today we support:
1. Full Exchange VM restore.
2. Exchange mailbox database file restore (MDB).
3. Individual message level restores are not supported directly from UI, but we do have a whitepaper on how to perform such restores.
4. With our upcoming version 5 (Q3 2010), we plan to support self user-driven restores of email messages via our SureBackup technology.
Retention is set by the number of restore points to keep on disk, and not sure I understand you question on "point in time".
Most of our customers have Exchange virtualized and backed up with Veeam, this works just fine, you can use forum's search to read through some feedback, which we have a lot.
Hope this helps!