Comprehensive data protection for all workloads
saraba
Novice
Liked: never
Full Name: Bashar Sara

Veeam B&R vPower NFS - Unable to map vPower NFS Repository

Post by saraba »

hi everyone,
We were looking to test vPower NFS for Backups instant VMs recovery. Has Anyone been able to get this working?

We cant seem to get it working by using the Management VMK on any of our hosts. I can only get it working by creating a dedicated VMK with an isolated VLAN on both the ESXi host and vPower NFS repository (Windows server). Even then, it fails the intial try when it tries to connect via the Management VMK and then the connection succeeds by using the isolated VMK.

There's no documentation that I've been able to find or troubleshooting steps.

Veeam is a at the latest version of 9.5 Update 4. Hosts are a mix of 6.5 and 6.0. Looking to upgrade our 6.5 to 6.7.

Any assistance or input is appreciated

Thanks
PetrM
Veeam Software
Liked: 528 times
Full Name: Petr Makarov

Re: Veeam B&R vPower NFS - Unable to map vPower NFS Repository

Post by PetrM »

Hello!

I'd suggest to start with a connectivity test of VMkernel port described in this article and if no issue found you may contact our support team for further investigation.

Thanks!
saraba
Novice
Liked: never
Full Name: Bashar Sara

Post by saraba »

Thank you. only thing we're having an issue with is the Ports Ping from the Host to the vPower NFS. There's no Firewall or ACLs. the ESXi hosts and vPower NFS are on the same L2 switch. Firewall is disabled on the vPower NFS thats running on Windows server 2016.
PetrM
Veeam Software
Liked: 528 times
Full Name: Petr Makarov

Post by PetrM »

I think you could ask your networking team to collect network traffic dump on both sides to determine a reason of ping failure.
I'd recommend to check these VMware KB articles: testing VMkernel network connectivity and troubleshooting network connectivity issues on ESXi.

However, you may open a case with our support team as well in order to collect maximum information regarding the issue, please paste case id for our reference.

Thanks!