Comprehensive data protection for all workloads
chrisBrindley
Enthusiast
Liked: 3 times

Veeam jobs PID

Post by chrisBrindley »

Is there anyway to tell what job is using what PID, i have a job hung in stopping but have other jobs running so i cant stop the service or reboot the server.
Anyone know know how else to kill it except identifying the process for the job and terminating it.
Its been stopping now since Friday evening, 66 hours
Vitaliy S.
VP, Product Management
Liked: 2719 times
Full Name: Vitaliy Safarov

Re: Veeam jobs PID

Post by Vitaliy S. »

Hmm...there should be a way to identify that, at least we are able to do that in Veeam ONE ;) Try to open the corresponding backup job log and search for "PID" tag to find what agents your stalled job has started.

P.S. previously we had these records in the job log, though I'm not 100% sure this info is still available now. I have left our support team long ago :)
Vitaliy S.
VP, Product Management
Liked: 2719 times
Full Name: Vitaliy Safarov

Post by Vitaliy S. »

Hi vutaikt, please review my answer above to identify the PIDs of the job in question. Thanks!
Gostev
Chief Product Officer
Liked: 6700 times

Post by Gostev »

Vitaliy S. wrote:P.S. previously we had these records in the job log, though I'm not 100% sure this info is still available now. I have left our support team long ago :)
I believe, they were always a part of debug logs only. It's just that these are the only logs support ever deals with, so perhaps this is why you get this impression.
tsightler
VP, Product Management
Liked: 2843 times
Full Name: Tom Sightler

Re: [MERGED] PID

Post by tsightler » 1 person likes this post

vutaikt wrote:Is there anyway to tell what job is using what PID, i have a job hung in stopping but have other jobs running so i cant stop the service or reboot the server.
Anyone know know how else to kill it except identifying the process for the job and terminating it.
Its been stopping now since Friday evening, 66 hours
Probably the easiest way if you don't want to go "log surfing" is to edit the job and click on the "Summary" tab. At the bottom of the summary tab it will show you the "command line" used to start the job, it should look something like:

Code: Select all

Command line: "C:\Program Files\Veeam\Backup and Replication\Backup\Veeam.Backup.Manager.exe" backup f5fe07645-87e8-4743-bc45-73e2a5a8903
Now open Task Manager and select the "Processes" tab, edit the view and make sure to select the "Command Line" column which will display the exact command line used to start the processes. In that column look for the Veeam.Backup.Manager process with the same ID as shown on the summary page (you'll likely need to expand the width of that column to see it). Once you've found the process with the same UUID you can kill it. Then wait for a while and typically within a few minutes the job should show as failed in the Veeam GUI.
veremin
Product Manager
Liked: 2258 times
Full Name: Vladimir Eremin

Post by veremin » 1 person likes this post

Also, you can put simple PS script into use:

Code: Select all

Get-VBRJob | select name, ID
Thanks.