- Posts: 2
- Liked: never
- Joined: May 29, 2009 10:56 am
- Full Name: Trond Amlie
I have plenty of free space on my backup-SAN. This SAN is not as fast as my production-SAN though.
1. Could I enable replicaton, or would that degrade performance on my production esx-san??
2. What are the benefits of having replication as well?
- SVP, Product Management
- Posts: 28278
- Liked: 5028 times
- Joined: Jan 01, 2006 1:01 am
- Location: Baar, Switzerland
As for your second question, replicas provide much faster recovery in case of disaster since all you need to do is power on the replica VM, where is in case of backup you will need to restore backup first. The price for faster recovery is that replicas take much more of costly disk space.