- Posts: 1
- Liked: never
- Joined: May 23, 2013 10:52 am
- Full Name: Ronald van der Meijs
Lotus Domino 8.5 has de capability of using DAOS (Deduplication of attachments).
How does veeam 7 works with the principle of DAOS if we're talking about restoring e-mail databases that have DAOS functionality? How does Veeam 7 restores such database?
- Posts: 167
- Liked: 24 times
- Joined: Dec 02, 2010 12:25 pm
- Full Name: Kevin Clarke
- Location: Cheshire
This can be done via FLR in Veeam you will probably need to first restore the db(nsf) and then determine which NLO files are missing.
To do this run
tell daosmgr listnlo missing dbname.nsf
Then restore the NLO files
- Posts: 70
- Liked: 6 times
- Joined: Feb 15, 2013 1:56 pm
- Full Name: Giacomo
- Location: Vicenza, Italy
This is my simple procedure to backup and restore Domino DAOS database or single mail, tested today!
1) Create Domino VM's backup.
2) Create virtual lab and assign the remap-ip for Domino VM
3) Create sure backup for Domino VM's
4) U-AIR restore of the Domino VM
5) When the lab is ready you can access the VM, stopping domino service.
6) Use the following command line to disable DAOS: c:\lotus\domino\ncompact mail\userdatabase.nsf -c -daos off
Now you have the user database without daos, you can access to this VM by remapped network IP and copy the nsf in production environment
or extract single mail with attachment too.
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 57 guests