Comprehensive data protection for all workloads
larry
Veteran
Liked: 97 times
Full Name: Larry Walker

Version 7 Questions

Post by larry »

Is there a way to use the enterprise manager to sync job information between Veeam servers ? This way the Veeam server would know about and have access to all backups and replica’s the other site did ( no need to import and all replica restore points and tools at the remote site). I share repositories and replicate between Veeam servers at each sites and if one Veeam server was down the other Veeam server would know about and have access to everything if I could do this.

Can you import a replica ? I now pull my remote replic'a so the local Veeam server knows about them in a DR but switching to push remote backups now so I can use the WAN accelerator (backupcopy) .
foggy
Veeam Software
Liked: 2115 times
Full Name: Alexander Fogelson

Re: Version 7 Questions

Post by foggy »

larry wrote:Is there a way to use the enterprise manager to sync job information between Veeam servers ?
No, Enterprise Manager just provides visibility across different Veeam B&R servers, but no syncronization of their configuration.
larry wrote:Can you import a replica ? I now pull my remote replic'a so the local Veeam server knows about them in a DR but switching to push remote backups now so I can use the WAN accelerator (backupcopy) .
Actually it is a recommended approach - to have second (remote) Veeam B&R instance responsible exclusively for replication jobs that will remain available for replica management should the production site go down.
Vitaliy S.
VP, Product Management
Liked: 2719 times
Full Name: Vitaliy Safarov

Re: Version 7 Questions

Post by Vitaliy S. »

larry wrote:Can you import a replica ? I now pull my remote replic'a so the local Veeam server knows about them in a DR but switching to push remote backups now so I can use the WAN accelerator (backupcopy) .
No, you cannot import replicas to the backup console, however you can use replica mapping feature to reuse your VM replicas with new replication jobs.
davidb1234
Expert
Liked: 15 times
Full Name: David Borden

[MERGED] Will multiple veeam servers be aware of each other/

Post by davidb1234 »

I think many people have a replication veeam server in their DR environment and a backup veeam server in production environment. Unfortunately these two servers are not really aware of each others jobs, etc even if they are using each other as a proxy. I would LOVE for enterprise manager to bring this together so that we don't have replication jobs stomping on backup jobs and vice versa.

Is this planned for the future at all?

Having a replication job skip and retry a VM because a backup job is running on that VM from a different Veeam server would be priceless! :D
Vitaliy S.
VP, Product Management
Liked: 2719 times
Full Name: Vitaliy Safarov

Re: Will multiple veeam servers be aware of each other/jobs?

Post by Vitaliy S. »

Hi David,

I cannot guarantee that this feature will make it to the next releases, but thanks for the feedback, makes sense.

Thanks!