Comprehensive data protection for all workloads
marcodalli
Novice
Liked: 1 time
Full Name: Marco Dalli

Virtual Lab pausing replica in SureReplica Job

Post by marcodalli »

Hi all, I would very much like a feature that pauses a replication job when the connected Virtual Lab is running. At the moment, if the VirtualLab is running and the replication starts, it will shut down all VMs in the Lab and discard changes, but since we use Virtual Lab for testing purposes, we need to run the lab for a few days before we can shut down everything.

Thank you!
PTide
Product Manager
Liked: 729 times

Re: Virtual Lab pausing replica in SureReplica Job

Post by PTide »

Hi,

Imagine what would happen if, for some reason, a SureReplica job was left running unintentionally. All replica jobs would stand still and wait for someone to notice that. I would suggest to create a separate backup chain that can be used for SureBackup verification, as having replication job paused for a few days seems to defeat the whole purpose of having a replication job.

Thanks
marcodalli
Novice
Liked: 1 time
Full Name: Marco Dalli

Re: Virtual Lab pausing replica in SureReplica Job

Post by marcodalli »

Actually this replication job is done with the only purpose of feeding the Virtual Lab, so in our specific case there is no issue here.
Since SureReplica and Virtual Lab can also be used for training and testing, in this scenario I think it would be useful.
Having said that, I agree with you that, if SureReplica is used only to test the integrity on the replica, it would be a bad idea to stop the replica.