I'm replicating servers from a branch office to a Data Centre. I have 2 large servers 2.4TB and 1.8TB that are just to big to replicate so I was thinking on seeding them over.
1) Take a Veeam Backup to a local HDD from the Branch Veeam Server (also local proxy) using reverse incremental.
2) Take this HDD to the Data Centre and copy the .vbk onto a Server.
3) Change the backup job in the branch to the new repository across the WAN.
4) Enable incremental each night.
5) Set-up a Replication job to the ESX Host (with a local Veeam Proxy deployed on it) to convert the .VBK to .VMDK
With the backup file and Host in the Data Centre, will Veeam do all the transform work in the Data Centre with just the job management being in the Branch Office, or will it pull the data across the network and back out to the DC?