- Service Provider
- Posts: 157
- Liked: 11 times
- Joined: Jun 15, 2009 10:49 am
- Full Name: Gabrie van Zanten
So we had a big issue and needed to hard remove VMs from an ESXi host and then reregister them again. Unfortunately now the backup sees them all as new VMs and is making a full backup, taking up a lot of extra space of course. Eventhough I'm aware of the MofID that might change, I had hoped that since the VMX file UUID entries didn't change, the MofID would also remain the same.
- Is there anyway to fix this?
- Should we have reregistered them in a different way? (Now we browsed to VM folder, right click vmx and register)
- Were there other options to remove the VMs marked as inaccessible from a host that is still running but doesn't see the storage anymore. We had to present a copy of the datastore to a different host in the same vCenter.
- When using the new VMotion between vCenter Server feature, would the MofID of the VM remain the same or would this also trigger a new full backup (if the VEEAM can even find the vm now).
- Veeam Software
- Posts: 16836
- Liked: 1361 times
- Joined: Jul 11, 2011 10:22 am
- Full Name: Alexander Fogelson
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 33 guests