Comprehensive data protection for all workloads
jkbail00
Novice
Liked: never

VSS not replicating one of my VMs

Post by jkbail00 »

I have replication setup to replicate all my VMs from one idenical box to another. I'm new to Veeam so i'm still getting familiar with it. I have 6 VMs total. 5 of the 6 will replicate without an issue. Veeam is running on one of the sucessful VMs running WinServ2k3. The VM that I can't get to replicate is the primary AD server. Here is the latest 2 error message I received. Has anyone else run into an issue like this. I've search and found other instances, but they had to do with WinXP VMs.

Creating snapshot VssGAConn: Failed to connect. Errors: "Cannot connect to the host's administrative share. Host: [89.0.0.150]. Account: [NELSENCORP\Administrator]. Win32 error:The specified network name is no longer available. Code: 64 "

--This came up as an error during one of the retries---
Creating snapshot VssGAConn: Failed to connect. Errors: "Cannot connect to the host's administrative share. Host: [89.0.0.150]. Account: [NELSENCORP\Administrator]. Win32 error:No network provider accepted the given network path. Code: 1203 "
Vitaliy S.
VP, Product Management
Liked: 2710 times
Full Name: Vitaliy Safarov

Re: VSS not replicating one of my VMs

Post by Vitaliy S. »

Hello,

It looks like the job was unsuccessful, because it failed to create VSS-aware snapshot. To find out what might be the reason for the issue, please try to login to your Veeam Backup server with this account - NELSENCORP\Administrator, and then open the following share \\89.0.0.150\admin$
Are you successfull with that?

For further troubleshooting please contact our technical support team, they will be able to assist you quicker having full job logs available.

Thank you!
jkbail00
Novice

Post by jkbail00 »

You were right on it. I can't get to the ADMIN share on the server in question. I'll submit a support request to Veeam unless its just as simple as adding the admin share manually. Thanks.
Gostev
Chief Product Officer
Liked: 6648 times

Post by Gostev »

You do not add admin share manually - it is system share that is always present. You just need to fix permissions on your Veeam VSS account (or security policies/firewalls/sharing on VM in question) until you are able to open this share from Veeam Backup server while logged on as Veeam VSS account. If you cannot make the connection, I recommend that you open case with Microsoft, as this is Windows security issue unrelated to our product. Thank you.
jkbail00
Novice

Post by jkbail00 »

Found my problem to be some registry settings since the admin share was not there like it should be. I can attach to the share from the Veeam server, so I'm going to assume it should work now. Thanks for your help and insight. Greatly appreciated.
Gostev
Chief Product Officer
Liked: 6648 times

Post by Gostev »

Yes, it should work as long as you can access this share.
XiXi
Lurker

Post by XiXi »

Gostev wrote:You do not add admin share manually - it is system share that is always present. You just need to fix permissions on your Veeam VSS account (or security policies/firewalls/sharing on VM in question) until you are able to open this share from Veeam Backup server while logged on as Veeam VSS account. If you cannot make the connection, I recommend that you open case with Microsoft, as this is Windows security issue unrelated to our product. Thank you.

Hello,

I've got the same problem.
"Releasing VM files VSSFreezer: Failed to connect. Errors: "Cannot connect to the host's administrative share. Host: [172.X.X.9].
Account: [Domain\account]. Win32 error:The specified network name is no longer available.
Code: 64 Cannot connect to the host's administrative share. Host: [172.X.X.9]. Account: [Domain\account].
Win32 error:The specified network name is no longer available. Code: 64 "

I have VEEAM backup and fastSCP.
I have followed your instructions, but I didn't find the VSS account. Could you tell me where it is and how can I correct this problem?
Vitaliy S.
VP, Product Management
Liked: 2710 times
Full Name: Vitaliy Safarov

Post by Vitaliy S. »

Hello,

Please try to open this share \\172.X.X.9\admin$ while logged in with the account (Domain\account) you've specified for VSS module at advanced job settings. If you cannot make this connection, please open a support case with Microsoft, as Anton has advised above.

Thanks!
XiXi
Lurker

Post by XiXi »

I diid it, and I cannot make this connexion.
But it's wired, because the replication worked two days ago ...and it worked during several monthes.
Okay, thank u for responding!