ian0x0r
Veeam Vanguard
Liked: 48 times
Full Name: Ian Sanderson

VUL conversion ratios

Post by ian0x0r »

Good afternoon,

Just pulling this snippet from the Word from Gostev on the 14th October 2019:
Q: I want VUL portability and full feature set. Is it possible to convert my existing Socket-based license to VUL?
A: Yes. Here's the summary of all license conversion perks for the existing customers with Socket-based licenses:
• Conversion is done in conjunction with your Socket license renewal, and you will get VUL for the remainder of your existing contract + added years.
• Conversion does not cost anything extra: you just pay your regular socket license renewal price.
• You can buy up to two years of subscription at this renewal price.
• Sockets to VUL conversion ratio is based on the actual number of VMs you're protecting. In other words, you name the conversion ratio (up to 15:1).
• Regardless of your Socket license edition, you will get "Enterprise Plus" edition with VUL - because VUL only comes in a single, fully-featured edition.
Specifically the conversion ratio piece. Veeam renewals are adamant that the conversion ratio is 7:1, which I thought was applicable to VIL, not VUL? What is actually the case here. Is the 15:1 ratio only for certain SKUs of existing socket-based licenses or is the 15:1 conversion ratio applicable to all? I mean I would understand if there was a statement somewhere saying that 1 socket of Standard = X VUl, 1 socket of Essentials = Y VUl etc... but I can't find this info.

Can someone clarify this point for me please so I can speak with the renewals team again :D

Ian
Check out my blog at www.snurf.co.uk :D
Gostev
Chief Product Officer
Liked: 6714 times

Re: VUL conversion ratios

Post by Gostev » 1 person likes this post

Up to 15:1 for all, with the proof of number of VMs required starting from 7:1. Ask your case escalated to the renewal management, they will sort this out. They're finalizing clearly documented process guidelines for the Renewals staff right now - I know since I'm in the loop - so this should no longer be an issue soon. Thanks!
ian0x0r
Veeam Vanguard
Liked: 48 times
Full Name: Ian Sanderson

Re: VUL conversion ratios

Post by ian0x0r »

Thanks for the update Anton, appreciate it.

Ian
Check out my blog at www.snurf.co.uk :D