Comprehensive data protection for all workloads
Urtzi
Lurker
Liked: never

What to do with replications once sent it physically

Post by Urtzi »

Hi all!

I’m looking for some help. (Sorry for my bad English) In our company we use Veeam Backup & replication v8 to save some backup from site1 to site2. Site2 has bad net connection and the full replicas can take more than 3 days to accomplish. We did it and let the application do its things all the weekend so no problem, and now every night only 2GB are saving, so doesn’t take long (1GB=1 hour). The thing is, we are thinking of create 2 full new VM each (200GB-300GB), migrated from old VM, so we have, more or less 200GB transfer size replication in front of us. We can’t afford to loose so many days now, so we are thinking on saving something like a snapshot of the new VM machines and send it in a Hard Drive to Site2. The idea is that once the full size VM is there on the schedule programed at night Veeam only send there the daily portion of the incremental. So here are my questions:

-Once in Site2, what do we need to do with the snapshot (or any other method you recommend) to load/import to veeams procedure? The replica we send to Site2 how should be named? And where should we locate/save it? Which path?

Sorry, again, for my bad English. Let’s hope someone can understand the situation I am and can provide some advice or help.

Thanks for all!
Urtzi.
foggy
Veeam Software
Liked: 2115 times
Full Name: Alexander Fogelson

Re: What to do with replications once sent it physically

Post by foggy »

Hello, please review the replica seeding procedure, should be exactly what you're looking for. Thanks!
Urtzi
Lurker
Liked: never

Re: What to do with replications once sent it physically

Post by Urtzi »

Thanks for the quick answer Alexander! I will try this method, and will post here the results!

Have a nice day,
Urtzi.