Comprehensive data protection for all workloads
SonyBanana
Lurker
Liked: never
Full Name: Sony Banana

Windows Proxy with two NICs not routing traffic through right nic

Post by SonyBanana »

Howdy, I have been rebuilding old server 2012R2 Proxies with new 2022 machines. I've done about 5 all from the same VM template and 3 of them are playing up as below.

I am having an issue with jobs failing with Error: The network path was not found.
Failed to create NetUse connection to share '\\backupIP\veeamcontainer' Failed to open storage for read/write access. Storage: [\\backupIP\veeamcontainer\job.vbk].
Agent failed to process method {Stg.OpenReadWrite}.

I haven't raised this with Veeam support yet as it's more a windows routing issue I can't crack. My proxies have two NICs, one for usual production traffic and one which goes off to our backup VLAN, switches and storage appliances. I can't connect to backupvlan from this proxy as it keeps trying to route through the LAN nic.

By design the backup VLAN is not routable from the Production VLAN

I have tried:
- Changing the metrics to favor the backup NIC
- Setting a static route in for the backup appliance IP to go through the backup NIC.
- Toggling the firewall.

What is annoying is that veeam bombs the whole job out instead of trying a different proxy. And that checking an old 2012 I haven't got to yet with seemingly identical NIC and routing set up works perfectly.

Any ideas?
RomanK
Veeam Software
Liked: 168 times

Re: Windows Proxy with two NICs not routing traffic through right nic

Post by RomanK »

Hello Sony,

I made an internal search for this message "Agent failed to process method {Stg.OpenReadWrite}" and still would recommend opening a support case. There is still a chance that support could direct you even if there is a routing issue.

Thanks