Monitoring and reporting for Veeam Backup & Replication, VMware vSphere and Microsoft Hyper-V in a single System Center Operations Manager Console
pbhimji
Lurker
Liked: never
Full Name: Prakash Bhimji

Create Dynamic Group with the following Criteria

Post by pbhimji »

Hello,

I wonder if anyone can please assist me, I need help in creating a dynamic group which will meet the following criteria:

1) Create a Dynamic Group in SCOM that will contain all VM's that report to a certain Vcenter and has the SCOM Agent installed. (this is required so that we disable the Disk Space Analysis monitor on all VM's that have the SCOM Agent installed)

The reason behind this is that we are a multi-tenanted environment and we monitor multiple customers using the Veaam MP on a single SCOM Environment.

there is a group called 'Veeam Ops Mgr agents running in VMware VMs' but when you view group members it doesn't display any members.

any assistance with this would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance
sergey.g
Veteran
Liked: 76 times
Full Name: Sergey Goncharenko

Re: Create Dynamic Group with the following Criteria

Post by sergey.g »

Here you go,

I've modified 6.5 fix for Veeam VMs with Ops Mgr agents group for your 2007R2 environment and added an expression to include only Vms with certain string in the vcenter name. This MP is unsealed, so you are absolutely free to modify and copy it for your needs.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BxwETG ... sp=sharing

Quick start tip - just modify the "test" keyword in the expression to your vcenter name.

Let me know if you have any other questions.

Thanks.