- Posts: 1
- Liked: never
- Joined: Aug 24, 2017 12:49 pm
- Full Name: Jason
We're looking into the possibility of purchasing Veeam Management Pack for Microsoft System Center. I'm looking for feedback from people who once used Microsoft Management Packs within SCOM to monitor System Center and then decided to use "Veeam Management Pack for Microsoft System Center" instead. Do you still find that its an essential management pack for your daily System Center administration tasks ? Do you find the "Veeam Management Pack for Microsoft System Center" superior to the Microsoft Management Packs when monitoring System Center ? Why not just stick with Microsoft Management Packs.
I've read the Veeam Management Pack documentation on the Veeam website.
Thanks in advance,
- Posts: 455
- Liked: 76 times
- Joined: May 02, 2012 1:49 pm
- Full Name: Sergey Goncharenko
I think there is a little confusion, our product is called Veeam Management Pack for System Center, not because it monitors System Center specifically, but because it brings Veeam Technology and Knowledge into System Center.
- Virtual Infrastructure Monitoring (both Hyper-V and VMware) - VMware monitoring is not covered by Microsoft's Management Packs and we are doing advanced Hyper-V monitoring, you can get way more with our MP than with standard Microsoft's Hyper-V MPs. For example, each alert monitor/rule contains incorporated Knowledge Articles on possible causes and solutions for the issue which could significantly reduce MTTR. Capacity planning reports and dashboards can help you proactively monitor resource usage for your virtual infrastructure. And we have much more interesting stuff
- Veeam Backup and Replication Monitoring - for customers who are using our Backup product, this management pack is the only solution to monitor Backup Infrastructure in SCOM, there is no Microsoft's pack for that
- Veeam Report Library - advanced reporting templates which can be used with any objects monitored in SCOM, we tried to make these reports easier to use and provided additional information and drill-down capabilities
- Virtual Infrastructure Inventory for Service Manager - there is no Microsoft's pack to properly discover information about your VMware servers
- Veeam OMS Integration - metrics and health state about virtual infrastructure and Backup could be streamed to the Operations Management Suite cloud for further analysis
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest