Monitoring and reporting for Veeam Backup & Replication, VMware vSphere and Microsoft Hyper-V in a single System Center Operations Manager Console
StriX
Lurker
Liked: never
Full Name: Tom Suykens

Nworks discovery on windows cluster

Post by StriX »

Hi,

I have A windows cluster with 8 resources (SQL Server).
When I fail the resources over I get lot of Scom errors with eventid 1207:
Rule/Monitor "nworks.VMware.VEM.VirtualCenter.Discovery" running for remote instance "ResourceName" with id:"{B904CBB9-CA21-DEE2-8AB7-8D2BE8171C4E}" will be disabled as it is not remotable. Management group "ManagementGroupName".
This cluster has no vmware/nworks related resources.

Can somebody explain me why those servers are being discovered and how I can disable this discovery?

Greetings,
StriX
sergey.g
Veteran
Liked: 76 times
Full Name: Sergey Goncharenko

Re: Nworks discovery on windows cluster

Post by sergey.g »

Hello StriX,

This discovery is for VirtualCenter service, VC can be installed on any machine virtual or not, that's why this rule is targeted to all Windows Computers. Most likely the error has something to do with the way this discovery accesses registry and the process of failing-over a resource in a windows cluster.

The easiest solution for you would be to create a group of windows computers and add whole cluster into it, then you just need to disable "Discover vCenter" discovery rule for this group.

Hope this helps
Thanks.
jodiety11
Novice
Liked: never
Full Name: Jodie Smith

Re: Nworks discovery on windows cluster

Post by jodiety11 »

A server cluster is a collection of servers, called nodes that communicate with each other to make a set of services highly available to clients. Server clusters are based on one of the two clustering technologies in the Microsoft Windows Server 2003 operating systems. The other clustering technology is Network Load Balancing. Server clusters are designed for applications that have long-running in-memory state or frequently updated data. Typical uses for server clusters include file servers, print servers, database servers, and messaging servers.
Behind every successful man there's a lot u unsuccessful years. - Bob Brown