Monitoring and reporting for Veeam Backup & Replication, VMware vSphere and Microsoft Hyper-V in a single System Center Operations Manager Console
felyjos
Veteran
Liked: 3 times
Full Name: Dominique DUCHEMIN

nWorks Performance Report ONLY?

Post by felyjos »

Hello,

I have the performance Views working fine on the Red Hat 5 machines but the views are limited to 7 days by design.

I went to the reports "Red Hat Enterprise Linux Server 5 Operating System" and the machines are not listed under "Add Object"?

Even for the listed machines the reports are empty? so two issues ...

I am using nWorks and sometimes Agents.
Are the machines using nWorks reporting only through nWorks reports?
Are the machine using Agents reporting to Reporting Tab ONLY?

Any idea?

Thanks,
Dom
Alec King
VP, Product Management
Liked: 362 times

Re: nWorks Performance Report ONLY?

Post by Alec King »

Hi Dom,

All data gathered from nworks, is available only through the nworks Report folder. You won't see nworks data in other reports. Because only nworks reports are targeted at nworks objects (such as VMs, Clusters, ESX Hosts etc)

Well, to be precise - you can also access our nworks data from reports such as MIcrosoft Generic Report Library of course, because ALL data warehouse data is available there. But you will not see nworks data in the 'Red Hat Linux' reports just because the RHL server is a VM managed by nworks.

You will see nworks performance data on ALL your VMs, whether RHEL, Windows, Virtual Appliance, etc, in the nworks Reports. So if you are finding some limitations in the built-in RHEL reports - try the nworks reports. As long as the RHEL server is a VM, you will find it there.

I'd like to say, that our nworks reports are REALLY enhanced and improved in the new 5.7 version - we have linked Microsoft-style performance reports, you can filter by Group, etc etc. We will release 5.7 in Q4 this year - and I am currently putting together a private beta program, if you would like to be a beta tester for 5.7 please let me know!

Thanks
Alec
Alec King
Vice President, Product Management
Veeam Software