Monitoring and reporting for Veeam Backup & Replication, VMware vSphere and Microsoft Hyper-V in a single System Center Operations Manager Console
glemmestad
Enthusiast
Liked: never

Overview of automatic triggers

Post by glemmestad »

Hi,
Where can I find a list over all the triggers that are enabled by default when using the nWorks MP for MOM2k7?

Currently in the phase of deciding whether to buy as an alternative to vCharter Pro (now vFoglight), in addition to the beforementioned (quite possible) or to use only vCharter Pro.

Please let me know.
Thanks.

Kind regards,
Even Glemmestad
dgjedde
Novice

Post by dgjedde »

Hello Even,

Dean Gjedde with nworks support (now part of Veeam!).

When you ask what triggers I hope you are speaking of Alerts or Monitors. I do not have a list of all the Alerts or Monitors. I can tell you that there is an Alert or Monitor for almost everything.

I encourage you to contact our sales team for more information at sales@nworks.com.

Thank you,

Dean Gjedde
glemmestad
Enthusiast

Post by glemmestad »

Been in some talks with Move, your reseller here in Norway. However, I haven't asked them for the Alerts list as I do like dealing directly with the suppliers regarding technical tidbits like this.

After a bit of document-diving I found in the manual for the nWorks connector the following link:
http://nworks.com/vmware/overview/data/vc2Events.xml
Alec King
VP, Product Management
Liked: 362 times

Post by Alec King »

Hi Even,

I am working on updated documentation for our v4 MP (releasing this month) which will show all running Rules and Monitors.

I will post all this info here ASAP (early next week)

Meantime here is a list of the Monitors for performance metrics -

ESX Host:
cpuUsed%
memoryAvailable%
memorySwapped
memorySwapRate
memoryPressure
disk aborts
disk resets
disk kbWritten
disk kbRead
nic kbTx
nic kbRx
temperature sensor
voltage sensor
fan sensor
power sensor
Datastore disk%used

VirtualMachine:
cpuUsed%
cpuReady%
memoryCtl (balloon driver)
memoryUsed%
memorySwapped
disk resets
disk aborts
vNic kbTx
vNic kbRx
guestOS disk %used

ESX Cluster:
cpuUsed%
memoryUsed%
memoryPressure

Additional to the Monitors, many more metrics are collected for graphing/reporting.

And additional to the performance Monitors, we are watching for ~150 specific Events from VC on Host connection status, Cluster config, Licensing, VMotion etc etc.

You are correct - the full event list can be seen here - http://nworks.com/vmware/overview/data/vc2Events.xml
And the full Metrics list can be seen here - http://nworks.com/vmware/metrics/dictionary.html

Hope the above helps! Let me know if you have any queries....and I will post the full Rules+Monitors list next week.

Regards
Alec
glemmestad
Enthusiast

Post by glemmestad »

Thanks, Alec. Just the stuff I was looking for. You may expect an order from us soon :)
Alec King
VP, Product Management
Liked: 362 times

Post by Alec King »

Great! Thanks

I'm still preparing the full documentation...will update this post when it's available.

Thanks again!
Alec