Monitoring and reporting for Veeam Backup & Replication, VMware vSphere and Microsoft Hyper-V in a single System Center Operations Manager Console
felyjos
Veteran
Liked: 3 times
Full Name: Dominique DUCHEMIN

Start service scx-cmid from the scom console?

Post by felyjos »

Hello,

Is there any way to restart the service scx-cmid from the SCOM console?
I have several issue with the Run As Account and I need to restart several linux machines to confimr the issue... is or isnot on them...
the Run As account works for 75% of the machines...
I was thinking using the "Run Script (Sample)" under Unix Computer Tasks in Monitoring "Unix/Linus Servers State View...
Thanks,
Dom
sergey.g
Veteran
Liked: 76 times
Full Name: Sergey Goncharenko

Re: Start service scx-cmid from the scom console?

Post by sergey.g » 1 person likes this post

Hi Dom,

I'm afraid we are not that experienced in Unix part of SCOM monitoring, as we are currently fully focused on supporting Windows-based SCOM monitoring technologies (with Hyper-V, VMware Collectors on windows OS and Veeam Backup and Replication).

I'm not sure if it is possible to complete a script execution if SCOM agent is down. This is possible for Windows agent, we are actually utilizing this in a Health Service Configuration task for SCOM management service, in our MP you have to run it manually and in the process it actually restarts the Health Service from the separate process which task creates. However as far as I can see there is a command to restart the daemon for Unix (scxadmin –restart), so it's not necessary to fork into a separate process in this case and it may work out of the box.

I would recommend to check Microsoft documentation about the topic, but feel free to ask other questions we may be able to suggest something.
Thanks.