Monitoring and reporting for Veeam Backup & Replication, VMware vSphere and Microsoft Hyper-V in a single System Center Operations Manager Console
keithkleiman
Enthusiast
Liked: never
Full Name: Keith Kleiman

Topology View Responsiveness

Post by keithkleiman »

Is there anything I can do to increase the responsiveness of the topology views? I am on v5.6. They can take several minutes (more than 5 for the dc topology view) to appear. Are there any changes to improve this in 5.7?
Alec King
VP, Product Management
Liked: 362 times

Re: Topology View Responsiveness

Post by Alec King »

Hi Keith,

The factor here is really Ops Mgr - not nworks. We cannot force the entire topology view through in one discovery, or we would overload the Ops Mgr Root Management Server - and so we would impact the entire Ops Mgr environment (in larger enterprise deployments, anyway).
This is why the topology discovery is cascaded - we discover it in several stages initially, first Clusters, then Hosts, then VMs etc. So that does mean it takes a few collection cycles to build up....but once it is built, it will be on-demand dynamically updated, when you add hosts, or move VMs, etc.

5.7 has various improvements in topology scalability, performance, and overall stability - I know you're on the Beta program, so you should be seeing that in your lab right now! :wink:

Regards
Alec
Alec King
Vice President, Product Management
Veeam Software