Monitoring and reporting for Veeam Data Platform
ejenner
Veteran
Liked: 100 times
Full Name: EJ

Bad Hyper-V username logon attempt

Post by ejenner »

Having trouble with an error being generated after adding our HyperV hosts to Veeam One.

The error is Bad Hyper-V username logon attempt

I've tried a lot of different usernames including local and domain accounts. I've tried various permutations of those account names as well. Not with any success at all.

I've followed some guidance on enabling the WMI and dcom access and the two accounts I've tried are both members of the local admins group and Performance Monitor groups.

Can't seem to find the problem... there's probably some security permission somewhere which isn't correct.
PTide
Product Manager
Liked: 724 times

Re: Bad Hyper-V username logon attempt

Post by PTide »

Hi,

Have you checked this KB already?

Thanks
ejenner
Veteran
Liked: 100 times
Full Name: EJ

Post by ejenner »

That KB is a good description of the problem.

I have looked on the host and the security logs show the username which is making the bad logon attempt is the one I've configured for Veeam One to access. I know it is Veeam doing it because changing the username changes the name that shows in the logs. It also shows the source as the machine name of the Veeam One server.

Both the usernames I've tried using have local admin permission on the Hyper-V host. I've also added specific additional permissions for wmi and dcom access as per other Veeam documentation.
PTide
Product Manager
Liked: 724 times

Post by PTide »

Would you please confirm that you can actually see performance stats in Veeam ONE for that Hyper-V host? If you can but the bad logon keeps coming, then you should contact our support team directly. Otherwise, it must be something wrong with the permissions.

Thank you