Disaster recovery orchestration for the Enterprise (formerly Veeam Availability Orchestrator)
hexadecimal
Influencer
Liked: 8 times

New VDRO required before VBR v12 install

Post by hexadecimal »

Hi folks,

Just attempted to install VBR 12 on our backup server and it reported we have an incompatible VDRO agent installed (v5). I could upgrade Enterprise Mgr however felt it best to leave everything as it currently is. Any ideas when the new version will be released so we can move forward with the full stack upgrade?

Thx
Alec King
VP, Product Management
Liked: 362 times

Re: New VDRO required before VBR v12 install

Post by Alec King » 1 person likes this post

If you upgrade VDRO first (and the agents) then you will be able to upgrade to VBR v12.
New VDRO V6 will still support existing functionality of v5 (and VBR 11a) until you complete v12 rollout.
And VDRO V6 should ship within 2 weeks.
Hope that helps!
hexadecimal
Influencer
Liked: 8 times

Post by hexadecimal »

Thanks for the info on the timeline regarding v6. I'm running the latest available version of VDRO, version 5 build 2768, unless there are patches available somewhere. This is what is currently preventing the upgrade to v12. Perhaps I shouldn't have the VDRO agent installed on the VBR server? I'll wait the couple of weeks. Thanks again
Alec King
VP, Product Management
Liked: 362 times

Post by Alec King » 1 person likes this post

Sorry for the misunderstanding, the current version of VDRO is v5, you are on the latest. I was just explaining the recommended upgrade process (VDRO first then VBRs). However you will have to wait for VDRO v6 to ship. Which will be very soon :)