Disaster recovery orchestration for the Enterprise (formerly Veeam Availability Orchestrator)
jiesolbrekk
Novice
Liked: never
Full Name: Jason Erickson

No network adapter on VM Replicas when testing plan

Post by jiesolbrekk »

I've got a new deployment of Veeam Recovery Orchestrator that I'm trying to test. We have a VMWare cluster at one location with the production VMs and they are replicated to a separate host in a second physical location.

I have a plan configured to recover from replicas and when I run the verify -> "run datalab test" it fails with with an error "the vm does not have VMware tools installed" but it does have the tools installed. What I do see is that when the VM replica is started on the DR server vmware reports that there is no network adapter, and when I look at the VM settings it doesn't list a network adapter. It gets removed as part of the plan processing apparently.

I do have a network mapping configured in the Virtual lab I'm using in Veeam.
jiesolbrekk
Novice

Re: No network adapter on VM Replicas when testing plan

Post by jiesolbrekk »

This is appears to be a virtual lab issue, but I haven't been able to figure it out. Doing a surebackup leaves it without a network adapter as well.
Alec King
VP, Product Management
Liked: 362 times

Post by Alec King »

Hello, it sounds like you are missing some network mappings in the virtual lab config. Have you associated the virtual lab with a VRO Recovery Location? This will automatically perform some mappings for you if they are missing.
It's difficult to troubleshoot over forum messages, so I suggest you open a support case - our team will check the lab configuration. Please post the support case ID here so we can also track it. Thanks!
jiesolbrekk
Novice

Post by jiesolbrekk »

Initially I had the virtual lab config set to automatic, and that definitely would have been an issue had I not created the mappings correctly.

But the dropping of the network adapter, I believe, was caused by not having a matching vm network defined on my DR host to the production environment. That left the VM without a network connection to a valid VM network. Even manually setting the VM network adapter to the correct vm network didn't resolve the issue. I had to wait until after the next replication job run for it to correct the issue.

Another small issue I'm having is the recovery plan is detecting a VM that used to be in the replication job but the VM doesn't exist anymore and its throwing a warning about it because it doesn't have a replica to recover from that's within the RPO. I'm not sure how to clear that out.