Disaster recovery orchestration for the Enterprise (formerly Veeam Availability Orchestrator)
icase81
Novice
Liked: never
Full Name: Ian Case

vNIC not connected after CDP failover

Post by icase81 »

I setup a VDRO instance for a customer and they're using CDP for some of their higher priority VMs. Running the orchestration plan 'succeeds' in so far as the source VM gets shutdown (as per the step in the plan to do so), destination VM is powered on, but it doesn't connect the vNIC. If we manually connect it, it works fine. If we undo the failover, that works as well. If we connect the vNIC on the destination BEFORE re-running the orchestration plan, it disconnects the vNIC again. I could swear I saw a checkbox somewhere for 'Connect vNIC after power on' or some such, but can't seem to find it either in the CDP job or the Orchestration Plan settings.

Running Veeam 12 and VRO 6. Thanks!
Alec King
VP, Product Management
Liked: 362 times

Re: vNIC not connected after CDP failover

Post by Alec King » 1 person likes this post

Hello, the first thing to confirm is the network mappings in the CDP replication job in VBR. That's where you should map all source networks to all target networks.
If the mappings are correct, please open a support case and we will analyse the logs. You can post the support case ID here so we can coordinate. Thanks!