Standalone backup agent for Microsoft Windows servers and workstations (formerly Veeam Endpoint Backup FREE)
testerbob
Novice
Liked: never

Re: Veeam Endpoint for Windows 2.1 cannot access Shared folders

Post by testerbob »

Reading these articles is very dissapointing. This problem has been around for years and Veeam still hasn't fixed it. I've tried to browse during a bare-metal restore on dozens of different computers and networks and it always fails and has always failed. I've notified support about this numerous times. What makes me bend over laughing is when Veeam calls me constantly trying to get me to deploy there server backup. Yeah right, lets see, you can't make your free Windows Agent browse the internet and you want me invest thousands on your servr garb. BAH HAH HAH HAH. Not a chance. If you can't fix the small stuff you'll never get the big stuff right.
Mildur
Product Manager
Liked: 2340 times
Full Name: Fabian K.

Post by Mildur » 1 person likes this post

Yeah right, lets see, you can't make your free Windows Agent browse the internet
Accessing a SMB Share over the internet? Doesn‘t sound safe to me.

In the End, Veeam is a business product and SMB is definetly not recommended as a first choice to use as Backup Repo :) There are better solutions for that.
Second, The free product can not be used for offering services to other customers, therefore it‘s more a home, homelab or internal use product for a few servers.

For KMU and Enterprises, veeam is a perfect solution, which just works. Fast and reliable.
Product Management Analyst @ Veeam Software
Dima P.
Product Manager
Liked: 1578 times
Full Name: Dmitry Popov

Post by Dima P. »

Hi testerbob,

Can you confirm that the mentioned shares are accessible over LAN? If yes, what happens when you type in the address manually? Thanks!