Maintain control of your Microsoft 365 data
darmarko
Novice
Liked: never

Some of backup files manually deleted

Post by darmarko »

As we know, Veeam 365 backup files consists of many files and folders. Some of the folders has year name and that "years" can go far away in the past. Well, customer deleted some of the oldest folders as he thought he don't need it because they are far away from retention period.

What to do now? Make active full backup?
Or leave that repository as is, and start new active full on another repository?

I'd like to save current backup files in case that some data could still be recoverable if needed.
mjr.epicfail
Veeam Legend
Liked: 41 times
Full Name: Danny de Heer

Re: Some of backup files manually deleted

Post by mjr.epicfail »

I'd run an full backup just to be sure i would have a fresh backup of whatever is right now in M365 (if you use snapshot based repository).
VMCE / Veeam Legend 1*
Polina
Veeam Software
Liked: 712 times
Full Name: Polina Vasileva

Post by Polina »

A forced full should help to clean existing change tokens and back up deleted data all over again (in case it's still present in production). I addressed this to my colleagues - will update the thread soon.
Polina
Veeam Software
Liked: 712 times
Full Name: Polina Vasileva

Post by Polina »

As expected, to try to get the missing data without changing the repository you can use the Start-VBOJob cmdlet with the -Full parameter. This will clean up the existing change tokens and run a full backup.