Comprehensive data protection for all workloads
flomp
Enthusiast
Liked: 2 times

Why do I have to re-enter the Database password, etc on Updates?

Post by flomp »

It's not a big deal - but if you have to update multiple instances of Veeam, it is extra work which seems unneccessary...

I was just updating from Veeam 12.1.1 to 12.1.2 and the Update ("Upgrade")-Wizard asked be again which Service Account I want to use (I always use LOCAL_SYSTEM), the database credentials, ...

As for the service account, the correct selection is already present - but I always have to get the correct database password from the credential store and paste it in.

It would be really nice, if I just had to validate the current settings on each page and only hit the Next button a few times.
Mildur
Product Manager
Liked: 2374 times
Full Name: Fabian K.

Re: Why do I have to re-enter the Database password, etc on Updates?

Post by Mildur »

Hello Flomp

I didn't had that in my lab environment for my 4 server I have patched.
Update worked without providing any password (I'm using PostgreSQL for the configuration database and LOCAL_SYSTEM to run all services).

Please investigate with support if you want to know why you needed to provide these data again.

Best,
Fabian
Product Management Analyst @ Veeam Software
flomp
Enthusiast
Liked: 2 times

Re: Why do I have to re-enter the Database password, etc on Updates?

Post by flomp »

Hi Fabian,

yes indeed, after my post I patched a Postgres based server and I did not have to enter the credentials again. The ones before were all MSSQL based installations.

As I am planning to move all my installations to Postgres anyway, this is even lesser of an issue. There are way more important topics... :)

Regards,
Florian