Comprehensive data protection for all workloads
andyboy16
Enthusiast
Liked: 8 times
Full Name: A

Export logs takes over an hour

Post by andyboy16 »

Is it me or does it really take over an hour to export logs? I have 18 proxy servers and it takes over an hour to "Retrieve logs" during the export phase of exporting 1 days worth of logs for 1 job.
david.domask
Veeam Software
Liked: 365 times

Re: Export logs takes over an hour

Post by david.domask »

Hi andyboy16,

May I ask which Veeam Backup and Replication version you are using? Log export may take some time depending on environmental factors, but in our 12.1 update, Log Export got a quality of life improvement. (search 'Log Export')

Similarly, are all the proxies in the same environment or they're distributed across different regions?
David Domask | Product Management: Principal Analyst
andyboy16
Enthusiast

Post by andyboy16 »

Running 12.1.0.2131. All proxies are on the same VMware cluster in one location.
andyboy16
Enthusiast

Post by andyboy16 »

And VB&R resources (CPU/RAM) during export is no more than 50%.
david.domask
Veeam Software
Liked: 365 times

Post by david.domask »

Hi andyboy16,

Thanks for that information -- the the "What's New" document referred to should already be in place, so I would suggest open a Support Case with logs from the VBR server so Support can check and just ensure no issues. Depending on the size of the logs and a few other factors, it's _possible_ to be a longer export, but at first blush this seems off a bit, so let's allow the Support Team to check.
David Domask | Product Management: Principal Analyst