Comprehensive data protection for all workloads
bretth
Novice
Liked: 5 times

Date format change

Post by bretth »

Not sure if it was the v12.1 upgrade (from 11) or that I went to a new physical server from a VM, but some of my date formats are dd/mm/yyyy and some are mm/dd/yyyy. For instance, the job listings show the next run time in dd/mm/yyy format, but if I click one of the jobs the statistics pane shows the start time as mm/dd/yyyy.

I was using the %date% variable for tape media names, and this changed from dd/mm/yyyy to mm/dd/yyyy. I changed it to %day% %month% %year% %time% as a workaround, but now it uses the full month name, eg instead of 27/4/2024 it lists it as 27 April 2024. The bigger issue though is the confusion, with different formats used in different places.

Anyone seen this? I've checked all the regional settings I can find on the server, and rebooted it after making changes.

Case # 07245737 raised.
david.domask
Veeam Software
Liked: 365 times

Re: Date format change

Post by david.domask »

Hi bretth, welcome to the forums.

Thank you for sharing the case number; I'm not aware of any known issues that present like this so let's allow the Engineer a bit of time to review the logs and see what they come up with.

Veeam should follow just whatever is set for the format in the Region control panel item, so that's worth checking too, maybe it got changed there.
David Domask | Product Management: Principal Analyst
bretth
Novice

Post by bretth »

Thanks David. Still waiting on something more than the usual 'please send logs' first response.
When I first saw it I thought I'd just forgotten the regional settings, but the strange part is that some parts of the console use the regional settings, while others use the US format default. It really looks to me like the new 12.1 version uses different code in different places.

bretth
Novice

Post by bretth » 1 person likes this post

In case it helps someone, Support came through with the cause and fix.

Veeam formats dates in its various components using the regional settings of the accounts used to launch them. Manager.exe is always launched by the system account, so messages in the jobs and tasks sessions are written with the system account's locale settings. Shell.exe is launched by the current Windows user, so other parts of the UI use the user's locale settings. If the date formats are not the same for these two accounts you will see mixed date formats.

Easy fix - logon to the server with the system account and set the regional settings for that account.