Comprehensive data protection for all workloads
mvalpreda
Enthusiast
Liked: 3 times
Full Name: Mark Valpreda

Veeam.Backup.Manager.exe - high CPU and no jobs running

Post by mvalpreda »

I opened a case on this a few weeks ago since my jobs were not running (07148129) and did not get much help - upload logs, send event viewer dumps - never got a timely reply. I have the same thing going on today and opened a new case (07197667).
Veeam.Backup.Manager.exe is sucking up all the CPU it can get and none of my backup or replication jobs have run for 2 days. If I kill the process, they will run. I don't want to do that, I want to get this investigated while the issue is happening.
I don't see much in the way of disk activity - just Veeam.Backup.Manager.exe chewing up CPU for 2 days.
Ivan239
Veeam Software
Liked: 4 times
Full Name: Ivan

Re: Veeam.Backup.Manager.exe - high CPU and no jobs running

Post by Ivan239 »

For subsequent investigation, you can dump the process if there is a need to kill it. In the future, at least, it will make it possible to understand what exactly this manager is doing.
mvalpreda
Enthusiast

Post by mvalpreda »

It would just be helpful if someone replied to the case. Initial contact was under an hour (at 10:37a Pacific), there was one more reply at 11:13am, but have not heard anything since.
mvalpreda
Enthusiast

Post by mvalpreda »

Been 22 hours since someone replied to a P1 case. What is going on with support lately? Costs go up, response goes down.
tkutil
Influencer
Liked: never
Full Name: Troy Kutil

Post by tkutil »

Did you ever get this fixed. The CPU started started acting up at around 12am on Sunday and not matter what we do still runs high.
expert
Enthusiast

Post by expert »

Hello,

same problem with us (just opened a case). No job running, latest Veeam version installed (12.1.2.172). A restart of the vm does also not solve the problem.
the strange thing is that this problem has only occurred recently and the last veeam update has been in use for some time