Discussions related to using object storage as a backup target.
fga_fer
Novice
Liked: never
Full Name: Fer Garcia

HTTP exception: WinHttpReceiveResponse_callback_timeout: 12152: The server returned an invalid or unrecognizedresponse

Post by fga_fer »

Hello world

I have one issue while I'm trying to Backup 4.5TB with a bandwidth of 5-8MB/s to a Repository OBS (Huawei Cloud) S3 compatible bucket. When the job start it runs during 30 minutes, after that time the job ends with the follow error:
Backing up 6 files and 0 foders (312 MB) transferred at 5 MB/s
HTTP exception: WinHttpReceiveResponse_callback_timeout: 12152: The server
returned an invalid or unrecognizedresponse , error code: 12152
Failed to perform file backup Error: Agent: Failed to process method
(NasMaster.ExecuteBackupProcessor}: HTTP exception:
WinHttpReceiveResponse calback timeout: 12152: The server returned an invalid
or unrecognized response
Error: Agent: Failed to process method(NasMaster.ExecuteBackupProcessor}:
HTTP exception: WinHttpReceiveResponse_callback timeout: 12152:The server
returned an invalid or unrecognized response
Processing finished with errorsat 4/19/2024 5:30:30 PM

I have tried to troubleshoot it but it calls my attention the Error: Agent: Failed to process method(NasMaster.ExecuteBackupProcessor}: I have read the follow veeam post file-shares-and-object-storage-f57/erro ... 64859.html but I'm not doing any CIFS backup

I made a test with other small backup with 45GB, and the process ended successfully, the error mentioned just ocurr when I try to do the big backup with 4.5TB.

Does any have some idea on why this could occurr?
Mildur
Product Manager
Liked: 2375 times
Full Name: Fabian K.

Re: HTTP exception: WinHttpReceiveResponse_callback_timeout: 12152: The server returned an invalid or unrecognizedrespon

Post by Mildur »

Hello,

That sounds like a technical issue. We cannot investigate such issues through a forum topic.
Please provide a support case ID for this issue, as requested when you click New Topic. Without case number, the topic will eventually be deleted by moderators.

Huawei is still not a fully supported object storage target as explained by Andreas and me in the other topic . To be honest, I would just switch to one of the supported solutions.

Best regards,
Fabian

PS: support can only help if you upload logs https://www.veeam.com/kb1832
Product Management Analyst @ Veeam Software
scidoner
Enthusiast
Liked: 8 times

Re: HTTP exception: WinHttpReceiveResponse_callback_timeout: 12152: The server returned an invalid or unrecognizedrespon

Post by scidoner »

Just came here to say I had the same problem with Wasabi S3, which is a supported object storage target.

No one (even Wasabi support) could resolve this issue. In the end, I put it down to some kind of problem with WinHTTP and switched to a Linux gateway to proxy the S3 repository data and have not had an issue since.
Mildur
Product Manager
Liked: 2375 times
Full Name: Fabian K.

Post by Mildur »

Hi scidoner

Did you have opened a case with us? Which I can review?

Best,
Fabian
Product Management Analyst @ Veeam Software
scidoner
Enthusiast
Liked: 8 times

Post by scidoner »

@Mildur - Nah, we weren't convinced it was a Veeam root cause at the time, more likely that Windows HTTP implementation is rubbish.