-
MichaelRa
- Lurker
- Posts: 1
- Liked: never
- Joined: Sep 15, 2026 7:05 am
- Contact:
Feature Request: Manual export run in VBR does not automatically set retirement date
When a Veeam Kasten policy is manually started from the VBR console, VBR should provide an option to specify an expiration/retirement time, or should pass a default expiration based on the Kasten policy retention settings, so exported restore points are not retained indefinitely.
-
Mildur
- Product Manager
- Posts: 12354
- Liked: 3560 times
- Joined: May 13, 2017 4:51 pm
- Full Name: Fabian K.
- Location: Switzerland
- Contact:
Re: Feature Request: Manual export run in VBR does not automatically set retirement date
Hi Michael,
Disclaimer: I don't have Kasten in my personal LAB, so I can't verify myself.
Do you mean this functionality?
I would expect it to follow the retention settings configured in the Veeam Kasten policy, just as backup jobs do for other workloads supported by Veeam Backup & Replication.
Is this not the case for Kasten?
Best,
Fabian
Disclaimer: I don't have Kasten in my personal LAB, so I can't verify myself.
Do you mean this functionality?
I would expect it to follow the retention settings configured in the Veeam Kasten policy, just as backup jobs do for other workloads supported by Veeam Backup & Replication.
Is this not the case for Kasten?
Best,
Fabian
Product Management Analyst @ Veeam Software
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot] and 465 guests