Hello
I have opened a support case regarding the issue below. (Case #08253052)
Whilst reading the Windows OS restrictions for ‘Instant Restore to Microsoft Azure’, I came across the following statement: ‘Microsoft Windows workloads configured with the BIOS boot type that have Windows updates from March 2025 or newer will not boot after Instant Restore to Azure.’
If I have understood this correctly, does this mean that Windows operating systems using the BIOS boot type, on which security patches from March 2025 or later have been applied, cannot use Instant Recovery to Microsoft Azure?
https://community.veeam.com/cloud-city- ... -v13-12286
However, the Veeam Community post at the link above states: ‘The operating system must have a BIOS type that includes Windows Updates from March 2025 or later; otherwise, Windows will not start.’ This appears to contradict the previous statement.
Which is correct?
-
i3uln
- Enthusiast
- Posts: 25
- Liked: never
- Joined: Jan 03, 2022 8:13 am
- Full Name: BUHYUN SONG
- Contact:
-
Mildur
- Product Manager
- Posts: 12348
- Liked: 3560 times
- Joined: May 13, 2017 4:51 pm
- Full Name: Fabian K.
- Location: Switzerland
- Contact:
Re: Is there a typo regarding Windows OS security patches for ‘Instant to Recovery to Microsoft Azure’?
Hi BUHYUN,
I agree — these statements contradict each other. I'll ask our documentation team to review the statement in the Help Center. The Help Center is our official documentation and takes precedence over blog posts on the Community Hub.
For future reference, you can also report documentation issues directly using the feedback button at the bottom of each Help Center page. A Support Case is not required to report issues with the Help Center.
Help Center
Fabian
I agree — these statements contradict each other. I'll ask our documentation team to review the statement in the Help Center. The Help Center is our official documentation and takes precedence over blog posts on the Community Hub.
For future reference, you can also report documentation issues directly using the feedback button at the bottom of each Help Center page. A Support Case is not required to report issues with the Help Center.
Help Center
Community HubMicrosoft Windows workloads configured with the BIOS boot type that have Windows updates from March 2025 or newer will not boot after Instant Restore to Azure.
Best,The operating system must have a BIOS type that includes Windows Updates from March 2025 or later; otherwise, Windows will not start.
Fabian
Product Management Analyst @ Veeam Software
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot], Google [Bot], iDeNt_5, JTT and 35 guests