Host-based backup of VMware vSphere VMs.
rpop
Enthusiast
Liked: 4 times
Full Name: rpveeam

Active full backups periodically VS Health check

Post by rpop »

Hello,

For question of missing space, in one of our Veeam job backup dedicated for tes/dev environnement, i would like to replace "Create active full backups periodically" by the feature health check present in the MAintenance tab.

For test/dev environnement do you think it's sufficient to use only health check for avoiding Active full backup periodically. (every month i have double vbk file for every VM, very expensive in term of space)

Thanks for your comments

Best regards

Daniel
Best regards
DGrinev
Veteran
Liked: 247 times
Full Name: Dmitry Grinev

Re: Active full backups periodically VS Health check

Post by DGrinev »

Hi Daniel,

I'd recommend to use Surebackup job for recovery verification, with this feature on board you can feel quite safe utilizing the Forever Forward Backup Method without periodic active fulls.
Please review this thread as it contains useful information about health checks and surebackup jobs.

Thanks!
rpop
Enthusiast
Liked: 4 times
Full Name: rpveeam

Post by rpop »

Hello,

Thank you for your comment.

I already use Surebackup, a very nice feature, but we have more than 150 Vms in our test/dev environnement, it seems to be a little bit heavy to start surebackup every night for 150 VMs.

I though periodic Healthcheck is enough sufficient to to replace a periodic active full backup, mainly for dev/test context.
Best regards
DGrinev
Veteran
Liked: 247 times
Full Name: Dmitry Grinev

Post by DGrinev »

I would recommend you to review the old thread about how often do I need a full backup, you might find there useful considerations. Thanks!
foggy
Veeam Software
Liked: 2115 times
Full Name: Alexander Fogelson

Post by foggy »

And besides it is not necessary to verify all the VMs in every restore points, you can stagger them in time.