Host-based backup of VMware vSphere VMs.
peedee
Novice
Liked: never

Auto-Removing SureBackup job that is left on before recreation

Post by peedee »

Hopefully this will be an easy one that I just wasn't able to find the answer elsewhere online.

I'm utilizing a SureBackup job to create an isolated/sandboxed lab that is meant to be left on. I want the servers/lab to be recreated/updated on a schedule automatically. I've got the SureBackup job linked to a backup task, however it doesn't seem to rerun the job automatically if the lab is still running, which ideally it would be. I'm looking to basically keep the lab up all the time (minus when the old one gets blown up and rebuilt), but be periodically updated automatically. Is there a way to configure Veeam to automatically stop the old job/lab when the backup job (that should trigger the SureBackup creation job) is run/completed? If this isn't natively possible, is there a way via PowerShell, etc. that I can script/automate the SureBackup job stop? I'm trying to keep this as simple and straightforward as possible so there will be minimal babysitting.
foggy
Veeam Software
Liked: 2115 times
Full Name: Alexander Fogelson

Re: Auto-Removing SureBackup job that is left on before recreation

Post by foggy »

I believe this is possible via PowerShell, please ask in the corresponding subforum.
peedee
Novice
Liked: never

Post by peedee »

So you don't believe that there's some buried option somewhere to do it within the standard Veeam admin console? It would seem like there should be, but that doesn't mean there is.
foggy
Veeam Software
Liked: 2115 times
Full Name: Alexander Fogelson

Post by foggy »

You should at least script the lab shutdown. When it starts the next time, it will pick up the latest VMs state from backup.