Host-based backup of VMware vSphere VMs.
ChrisGundry
Veteran
Liked: 40 times
Full Name: Chris Gundry

B&R Feature request

Post by ChrisGundry »

Hi,

A couple of simple feature requests, one of which has annoyed me for a VERY long time!

1. Show the date/time in the job process/status action panel. I know you can right click on the entries and copy/paste them into notepad to view the times/dates but this takes more time/effort and should not be needed. A lot of people do NOT know you can do this either, so would be helpful to not need to do it at all.

2. Make all job progress windows and functionality the same. SureBackup doesn't support the quick view bit at the bottom, it would be handy for me if it did. It also doesn't support the left/right arrow keys like other jobs.

3. Add a number in brackets next to 'Backups', 'SureBackup' etc, to indicate the number of running jobs within that category. So like the 'Running' section, but for each job. This would be very handy for us so that instead of going into running, then working out which type of jobs are running and how many of each, we can see if next to the job types themselves. Alternatively have a 'running' section for each job type under running, as well as an amalgamated 'running' section for all jobs.

Thanks!
foggy
Veeam Software
Liked: 2115 times
Full Name: Alexander Fogelson

Re: B&R Feature request

Post by foggy »

Hi Chris, thanks for the feedback, much appreciated.
Tnjus
Enthusiast
Liked: 2 times
Full Name: Thomas M Njus

Post by Tnjus »

+1 on item #1. I keep an open notepad on all our client B&R servers just for this purpose...
stuartmacgreen
Expert
Liked: 34 times
Full Name: Stuart Green

Post by stuartmacgreen »

+1 on item#2

Do like the new functionality in 9.5u4, dialogs for Properties of Backups now have column sorting. :D