- Posts: 4
- Liked: never
- Joined: Apr 25, 2012 2:15 pm
- Product Manager
- Posts: 23423
- Liked: 1665 times
- Joined: Mar 30, 2009 9:13 am
- Full Name: Vitaliy Safarov
I would suggest doing the following:
1. Run backup jobs locally. It doesn't matter what backup mode you choose (forward or reversed), since the amount of data that has to be pushed to the DR site will be the same in both cases.
2. Use backup copy jobs, to transfer VM backup data to the offsite location. Be aware that backup copy jobs do not just copy backup files, these jobs synthetically re-create backup file based on your source VM data. The benefit of this approach is that you can individually pick the VMs you want to sync with offsite location.
3. Yes, you should benefit from using WAN accelerators. Not only it will optimize VMs data transfer, but it will also allow you to resume your jobs if the VPN link drops for some reason.
Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot] and 11 guests