Host-based backup of VMware vSphere VMs.
lars@norstat.no
Expert
Liked: 14 times
Full Name: Lars Skjønberg

Calling your customer

Post by lars@norstat.no »

Why are you several times calling your customers to ask them about how our use of Veeam is ? We are already using the software. You called two of us today. The person calling does not speak english and is impossible to understand and also the line is very bad. Sounds more like a scam then customer call. But please stop calling us, i have work to do.

This is irritating is why we will switch to another software when it's possible.
Egor Yakovlev
Veeam Software
Liked: 680 times
Full Name: Egor Yakovlev

Re: Calling your customer

Post by Egor Yakovlev » 4 people like this post

Greetings, Lars.

Sorry to hear about this. I have tracked these two calls and asked the responsible manager to check on the quality of both calls.

Please note that we do periodic check-up calls to ensure there are no issues with the software, or to see if any further assistance is needed. We simply want to ensure excellent customer experience even after you have already bought and are using our software. If you don't want to hear from us - feel free to say so right on the call, and they will mark your account accordingly, so no one will bother you again.

/Thanks!
DooM_2049
Novice
Liked: never
Full Name: Tim die Lokomotive

Post by DooM_2049 »

This is really a big problem...!

The called us, the reseller AND our own customers.
ITP-Stan
Service Provider
Liked: 55 times
Full Name: Stan (IF-IT4U)

Post by ITP-Stan » 1 person likes this post

Since Veeam have no direct channel, i.e. Veeam doesn't sell directly to end-users/customers, there is no threat to resellers in my opinion.
mcz
Veeam Legend
Liked: 172 times
Full Name: Michael

Post by mcz » 1 person likes this post

If two marketing calls with a bad quality are the main reasons to switch to other software vendors, then it looks like that you haven't understood the product at all!
Gostev
Chief Product Officer
Liked: 6648 times

Post by Gostev » 1 person likes this post

Well, Lars has been our customer for 9 years now judging on his forum registration date, so I'm willing to bet he understands the product quite well :D but yes, it is a bit upsetting to see a customer threatening to leave us after so many years just because of the two uncoordinated calls?

Apparently, the calls were not coordinated due to two different Veeam people calling to two different people within the company, each with a different goal:
- One was a "customer health check" call to make sure everything is fine with the already purchased product and no assistance is required.
- Another one was a regular sales call to talk about Office 365 backup (as far as I understood).

Normally, if people within the company did not know or talk to each other, they would not even know this happened (and on the same day).

Anyway, I can understand why the second call could have been frustrating (who likes to get sales calls anyway), but the health check calls are rarely perceived as something negative by our customers. So the corresponding manager will review the recording to see if the issue - was it a line quality, or a language proficiency, or something else.