Host-based backup of VMware vSphere VMs.
theruck
Influencer
Liked: never
Full Name: theruck

Cannot FLR SOME files

Post by theruck »

i can not restore SOME files when using FLR restore while i can restore other files from the same directory and backup.
i can logon to the FLR appliance and list the filesystem and files but cannot "cat" them even there so it looks like it is somehow the FLR appliance related.
the files have been opened and written to when the backup was ran.
I can restore the same files from a different/next backup. Though i do not know what is happening and what is the area of effect of this nasty bug. Do not know if i can restore from past or future backups.
Using EMC Datadomain (6.1.2.30-615547) and ddboost technology with storage snapshots from a Unity 400F (4.5.1.0.5.001) for backup storage.
running B&R 9.5.4.2866 Update 4b
The restored machine is a Oracle 7 VM with LVM and XFS filesystem.

i have P1 ticket opened since 18.12.2019 and the problem is still not even on the R&D and the agents are just changing on my case and i have to explain the same over and over again.

As i can restore some files from the same backup from the same folder of a VM i believe it is a bug in either Veeam or EMC but strugle to get proper support from Veeam - only getting ideas for workaround which are obsolete for my environment.

All the collected logs show nothing. Just the data stream to restore or cat or copy the file from within the FLR does not start as it should and as it does for other files from the same directory.

does anybody have any ideas how to troubleshoot or solve this? Or at least how to get someone at Veeam really working on the case?
Dima P.
Product Manager
Liked: 1576 times
Full Name: Dmitry Popov

Re: Cannot FLR SOME files

Post by Dima P. »

Hello theruck,

Unfortunately such issues should be addressed by our support team and I sorry to hear that your case is not resolved. Can you please share your case ID with us and I'll ask support management to review the case details (and escalate it if needed)? Cheers!
theruck
Influencer

Post by theruck »

03918381 is the case and it is in pending customer acceptance whatever that means i always return back and have to request reply every 12 hours like a fool
Dima P.
Product Manager
Liked: 1576 times
Full Name: Dmitry Popov

Post by Dima P. »

As I can see the case is currently escalated to Tier 2, so you are in the good hands. I've also asked support management to make sure that your case is handled correctly and request the help from RnD folks if needed. Let us know how the investigation goes or if you need any further assistance from our end. Cheers!
theruck
Influencer

Post by theruck »

3 weeks later and support has no clue what is wrong with the VBK files Veeam has created. I just can not restore and the veeam support has not helped to move it a bit. How can i escalate the ticket to higher support? This is insane
foggy
Veeam Software
Liked: 2116 times
Full Name: Alexander Fogelson

Post by foggy »

Please use the Talk to a Manager option on the support portal to provide your feedback. I've also passed this to the support management to put their attention to this case. Thanks!