Host-based backup of VMware vSphere VMs.
FrancWest
Veteran
Liked: 93 times
Full Name: Franc

Cannot perform repository threshold check warning after upgrade to V12

Post by FrancWest »

Hi,

Case #06180096. After the upgrade from Veeam V11 to V12 we have several issues. One of those is that during a backup copy job to an Ubuntu based immutable repository we get the following warning on some VM’s:

Cannot perform repository threshold check, failed to get space info.

Every night this warning is being reported, but not on the same VM’s. Last night we had 4 VM’s that produce this warning out of 34.

On the forum I found a regkey to suppress this warning, but that’s for agent backups. We are getting this warning for backup copy jobs of vSphere VM’s.
Mildur
Product Manager
Liked: 2294 times
Full Name: Fabian K.

Re: Cannot perform repository threshold check warning after upgrade to V12

Post by Mildur »

Hi Franc

Instead of suppress the warnings with reg keys, the root cause should be analyzed and solved.
Please keep working with our support engineers.

Best,
Fabian
Product Management Analyst @ Veeam Software
FrancWest
Veteran
Liked: 93 times
Full Name: Franc

Post by FrancWest »

Hi,

I've a discussion with support. They want me to set the executable bit on the entire folder where the immutable backups are being stored. To me that doesn't make any sense. Why remote the immutable flag, set the executable bit using 'chmod 744' and set the immutable flag again on datafiles? Since this is a hardened repository I'm very reluctant to change permissions manually. Also the warning occurs on random VMs. If it was a permission issue, the warning should occur on the same VM every time.

However, support states that they cannot continue troubleshoot the case if I don't execute the commands to change the permissions.

What are your thoughts on this?
Gostev
Chief Product Officer
Liked: 6725 times

Post by Gostev »

Support are much better subject matter experts than us PMs because they have people who are highly specialized on each particular technology.