Host-based backup of VMware vSphere VMs.
davidintouch
Novice
Liked: 1 time
Full Name: David Williams

Cannot restore exchange items from nimble snaps

Post by davidintouch » 1 person likes this post

We have an Exchange server that is configured across multiple datastores for performance reasons. We purchased new enterprise version of veeam for the snapshot integration with nimble. I configured an exchange backup job using nimble snapshots as the target. I found out today that I cannot perform an application level restore of exchange items because we have the exchange vmdk's configured across multiple datastores. Veeam can only see the volume where the vmx files live.

One of the main reasons we purchased the enterprise version was to leverage san snaps instead of the sometimes intrusive vm level snaps and not too happy at the moment. Does anyone else have this issue? Am i missing something?
foggy
Veeam Software
Liked: 2115 times
Full Name: Alexander Fogelson

Re: Cannot restore exchange items from nimble snaps

Post by foggy »

Hi David, this is currently a limitation of Veeam Explorer for SAN Snapshots, VMs with virtual disk files located on different storage volumes are not supported (unless the VM was backed up by Veeam B&R from SAN snapshot, which doesn't seem to be the case). Only disks residing on the same datastore with VMX file will be available for all restore types. This is covered in the release notes document.
MajesticTJ
Lurker
Liked: never

Post by MajesticTJ »

Any idea when this will be implemented? We are interested in having the ability to restore from snapshots for VMs with multiple disks. Thanks!
foggy
Veeam Software
Liked: 2115 times
Full Name: Alexander Fogelson

Post by foggy »

I cannot share the ETA, but we're working on this functionality.