Host-based backup of VMware vSphere VMs.
claudiofolu
Enthusiast
Liked: 4 times
Full Name: claudiofolu

CDP Questions

Post by claudiofolu »

Hello all
I have a couple question regarding CDP.
1-Its a way to monitor the duration of each sync, the bottlenecks, reads/transfered, amount of sync sessions, average duration of each interval in real time? The only way I found to see this info is going to the statistics of the cdp job. But we need to see it under a dashboard fashion to see in a wall for example.

2-Inside Statictics of the CDP job, under "Last Period", the amount of "Success", what that value means? When that value is reset?

3-Is there a way to show the restore points of the short retention? Check whichone failed or whichone hasn´t completed in time?

Thank you.
HannesK
Product Manager
Liked: 2890 times
Full Name: Hannes Kasparick

Re: CDP Questions

Post by HannesK »

Hello,

1) As you said, we have the statistics window as real-time overview. I know that our colleague @jorgedlcruz (https://jorgedelacruz.uk/) built several grafana dashboards. Maybe that could also do the job

2) "Success" is if something was done as configured. Meaning the SLA (your configured RPO time) was reached. Reset depends on your long term retention policy. The current statistics window or the policy configuration has the calue

3) yes. Just click on failover an scroll through it. I believe it makes little sense to check hundreds or thousands of points, but well, feel free :-)

Best regards,
Hannes
wishr
Veteran
Liked: 453 times
Full Name: Fedor Maslov

Post by wishr » 2 people like this post

Hello Claudiofolu,

You may also want to take a look at the VM CDP SLA Compliance report which is one of the cornerstones of CDP monitoring and reporting in Veeam ONE. We also provide CDP-specific alarms helping you to detect issues in advance and make sure the data is replicated on time and within the desired RPO.

Thanks
jorgedlcruz
Veeam Software
Liked: 615 times
Full Name: Jorge de la Cruz

Post by jorgedlcruz » 1 person likes this post

Hello,
That would be my way to go as well, using that report for now. I think all this information can be taken by parsing the sessions log for CDP, not sure it is exposed to any API just yet.

Parsing the logs can be done, and from there it can easily build a Grafana Dashboard, or something similar. I would give it a try and share my work as soon as ready, but for now, I hope that VONE report helps you, so much detail.

Best regards
Jorge de la Cruz
Senior Product Manager | Veeam ONE @ Veeam Software

@jorgedlcruz
https://www.jorgedelacruz.es / https://jorgedelacruz.uk
vExpert 2014-2024 / InfluxAce / Grafana Champion